2016 Logo Design Trends & Inspiration
Based on the official 2016 logo trends report as compiled by Bill Gardner of LogoLounge, and the article from Jacob Cass, I am sharing brief overview of the ongoing logo trends for 2016.
Logo Trends of 2016 Summary
- Simplification overall is a key trend
- Uncomplicated san serif fonts are in and out are added details (gradients, serifs, etc)
- Geometric shapes, especially the circle are taking center stage.
- Emojis and symbols are playing an even bigger role in today’s society, and could even soon be considered a language.
- Keywords on the rise: fitness, green, health, modern, clean, sans-serif, water, mountains, locator, pin, tea, non-profit, real estate, brewery, culture, museum, birds.
- Keywords decreased: vintage, law, sports, baking, entertainment, video games, technology, food, ministry,
- New styles taking center stage: Ombre, Circles, Half & Half, Linked, Stimming, Dog Eared, Corners, Line Dash, Off Shift, Curls, Pocket Shield, Slices, Letterblock, Benders, Bars,
- Rising Trends: Spot Pics, Wide Logos, Tinker Toys, Filters, Dumbbells.
It is always advised to not just follow trends for trends sake. We got to know what is right for the client and design accordingly.
Stepped color increments
Unadulterated simplification in the form of a circle or a series of circles.
Half & Half
Splitting colors into two for dimensional effect.
Gives depth & perspective by intertwining elements.
A never ending continuous loop.
A container with a corner folded over or trimmed.
Right angled corners either by themselves or to frame.
Mono-lines combined with mono-lined dots or dashes to create texture and/or meaning.
Offsetting letterforms out of alignment.
Engaging curved visual shapes overlapping.
A simplified shield shape with right angled corners at the base.
Cross sectional perspective created with dimensional shapes.
Ambiguously twisted shapes.
Rhythm created with lines and/or bar shapes.
Article source : http://justcreative.com/2016/05/23/2016-logo-design-trends-inspiration/